With Thanksgiving behind us, and the Christmas season quickly approaching, sticking to your workout routine has never been so important!
The challenges during your Weekly Challenge Schedule, will be fitness, nutrition, and hydration related. We might even throw a few in for ways to take care of yourselves mentally because that’s always important! Our plans will be based on the TIU schedule especially when they are running a series and we highly encourage you guys to follow them too!
We’ll try to post these every Sunday so you can plan your week out. With a plan, you can be sure to fit it in! 😉
Today we are focusing on full body toning and water intake. So there are two challenges.
- Drink half your body weight in ounces of water. For example, if you weigh 150 pounds, that’s 75 ounces of water to remain hydrated. Pay attention to what you’re doing today though. If you’re sweating a lot, you have to drink even more to remain properly hydrated. Don’t worry too much about the details though. Keep it easy and drink at least half your body weight. If you feel thirsty or want to drink more throughout the day, go for it!
- Do a full body workout. If you’re a member of Tone It Up and have the Beach Babe 2 DVD put on the fine toning routine. If you don’t own the DVD, head over to Tone It Up and do their full body workout playlist. And finally, if you’re still looking for something to do YouTube full body workouts for women or simply make up your own! Just make sure you work out arms, legs, and core today.
Today pay attention to cardio, booty, and nutrition!
- Do a 30 minute (at least!) cardio workout. You can walk, run, climb stairs, whatever you want to do. But there’s a twist. Do it outside! No treadmills, no indoor tracks. Get outside and breathe in the fresh air. Enjoy the sun on your face. ONLY work out indoors if it’s raining today. Otherwise, get your booty outside!
- Do a booty workout! If you have the Beach Babe DVD 2, the Hula Booty workout is perfect. If you don’t have it, there’s the booty workout playlist. And if you still want something to do, try lunges, squats, deadlifts, and leg lifts!
- Whatever you have for dinner tonight, include a serving or two of greens! This can be salad, veggies, anything lean, clean, and green!
Wednesday is the day to focus on your arms and drinking all your water!
- Drink up buttercup! Half your body weight in ounces.
- The Bikini Arms workout on the Beach Babe 2 DVD is great for today’s workout. Otherwise, go to YouTube and look up arm workouts at home. If you don’t have weights, you can use soup cans. And if all else fails, there’s always pushups!
It’s Try something new Thursday, abs, and a nutrition challenge!
- Do an ab workout. If you own the Beach Babe 2 DVD (or the first one too!) do the Sunkissed Abs. If you don’t, do Tone It Up’s ab workout playlist. And finally, if none of these are up your alley, do crunches, side crunches, reverse crunches, and planks.
- Try something you’ve never done before! Maybe it’s a new machine at the gym, or a new activity you’ve always been wanting to try. Or maybe it’s as simple as taking a new route on your evening jog. Variety is the spice of life!
- Make sure you eat five small meals today. Even if it’s a handful of nuts. Eating consistently keeps your metabolism up and gives you energy!
Focus on your full body workout and water intake today! Make any workout you do (even bowling!) a full body workout. Get creative!
- Hit play on your Beach Barre workout from the Beach Babe 2 DVD. Same as Monday, if you don’t have this dvd then head over to Tone It Up and do their full body workout playlist. And finally, if you’re still looking for something to do YouTube full body workouts for women or simply make up your own! Just make sure you work out arms, legs, and core today.
- Drink up! Half your body weight in ounces AND add some coconut water. Keeping hydrated is so important!
Cardio it up today and a nutrition challenge to round out the day!
- 30 minutes of any kind of cardio is what is on the agenda for today. Make it fun! Play a sport, take your dogs for a run, or grab a few friends and play freeze tag old school style!
- On Saturday, a lot of us our out on the town. Whether it’s date night or going to dinner with family and friends, you might find yourself at a restaurant or out drinking. We challenge you to make at least one of your drinks a Tone It Up approved cocktail. If you want to keep it easy, just order a vodka and soda with lime or a glass of red wine.
Our active rest day! I for one, love days off. I can feel my muscles relaxing and it reminds me that no good comes from over working your muscles. It causes slowed results and sometimes even injury!
- Stretch it out! Do a yoga video or simply sit on your floor and stretch the way we used to in gym class.
- Watch your water intake. Keep hydrated and see benefits in your energy levels, your complexion, and your Tone It Up efforts!